Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weight loss accountability

Two years ago, I lost 20 lbs, gained 5 back, and had, up until this past September maintained that weight. It was heavier than I wanted to be, but I was happy I was maintaining at a weight I was more comfortable with. Then, this year, I managed to gain 5 lbs in 4 months. Ouch!

So, this year, I broke down and made the dreaded "lose weight" resolution again. My ACTUAL resolution is: "lose a pound a week, every week, until I reach a weight I am happy with, then maintain forever, or until I decide I actually want to be lighter."

I am back on my "diet that's not a diet". It's based on the book, "the Skinny", and worked REALLY WELL for me last time. It's basically an "eat whatever you want, but not too much of it" moderation diet.

This is my accountability. I am posting here, so I keep it up.

Starting weight: 1/6/09 - 185.6
Weight last Week: 1/6/09 - 185.6
Current weight: 1/13/09 - 184.4
Goal reached? Yes
Total Difference: 1.2 lbs

So far so good.....

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks!
Good luck with the weight loss too. :) I can't wait for it to get warm out again so I can start running in the mornings and get back in shape. :p