Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The Best Job in the World"

In case you didn't read about it on Yahoo, or some other streaming news outlet, Tourism Queensland (in Australia) is in the middle of searching for applicants to what has to be one of the best jobs EVER! They are looking for an Island caretaker on Hamilton Island in the great barrier Reef!! Wow!!

The requirements are that you should possess:
-Good interpersonal skills
-good written and verbal English skills
-an adventurous attitude
-A willingness to try new things
-A passion for the outdoors
good swimming skills and enthusiasm for snorkelling and/or diving
-ability to engage with others
-At least one year's relevant experience

I am SO trying for this job. Of course, I probably have a snowball's chance in H-E-double-hockey-sticks, but why not try? It sounds AWESOME! check it out at www.islandreefjob.com

I'm sure some unwritten requirements, since you would be required to be on television and in the media a lot are "be gorgeous and/or built", of which, I am neither, but that's OK! I am adventurous, and I bring one thing that they probably won't see from many others to the equation: I have ADORABLE children, who want me to try for this job! They want to live in the Great Barrier Reef, and see the fish and beach, and go adventuring. They are even already planning my application video essay.....of course, it will be closely based on iCarly, if they have anything to do with it....

I'm still trying to figure out what constitutes "relevant experience"..... I have blogging experience (duh), I have vacationing experience, I have snorkeling experience, I have outdoors adventure experience, I even jumped off of a bridge because everyone else was doing it once!

I'll keep you updated on my progress!

1 comment:

Betty said...

I say go for it! Sounds like a blast!

Thanks for your info on Designer I on my blog. Unfortunately I bought it in Ohio and immediately moved to Texas and the local dealer would not honor my purchase unless I paid lots more for classes. I got very upset with them and refuse to do any business there. Why I was looking for individual help.

I do have the "I Can.." book but got stuck and needed help. Haven't looked at it in several years - maybe I am smarter now and could try again! lol