Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Little things sometimes make the biggest difference

I decided to start having my nails done professionally about 2 months ago. Ooooh. Huge decision, I know. The funny thing is, it ended up being life-changing. Since I decided to start making my hands and toes pretty, I have managed to lose nearly 20 lbs., I have upgraded my look to being more put-together and actually *gasp!* compliment receiving, and I have been generally happier on a daily basis. All from deciding to let some little Korean lady wrap my already-long nails in strengthening gel and paint them funky colors.

Sometimes, that change we need actually IS in a haircut, or a new lipstick color, or getting a manicure/pedicure. And sometimes it isn't. I do truly believe, though, that we all have to find those little things that help us deal with the big ones.

No comments: