Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's my birthday and I'll buy if I want to....

Ahhh....I am in love with Amazon's used book sellers. I got a bunch of books I have been wanting but unable to justify buying for myself this week at rock bottom prices from used sellers. Even with the $3.99 shiping, I still made out like a bandit. Woohoo!

I also thought I might mention some of my favorite authors....hint hint family members. ;)

Sherrilyn Kenyon - I have every one of her hunter novels. Drem hunter, dark hunter, were hunter. You name it, I have read it....at least twice....

MaryJanice Davidson - I love her Betsy novels. They're so irreverent! The take on Vampires is fun and interesting. I also love her royal series, and wish she would write another one. The other serieses are hit or miss.

Charlaine Harris - Are we noticing a trend here? I LOVE the Sookie Stackhouse novels. They are pretty different from the show True Blood, so be warned. I like the books infinitely better. They're more thoughtful and more realistic, I think. I like Charlaine Harris' work so much, I just bought the first books in her other series in that lot. Looking forward to reading them!

Jayne Ann Krentz - Ok, I think as far as mystery is concerned, she still has a lot to learn, but Ms. Krentz ALWAYS delivers on the romance. I love her books, writen under all of her pseudonyms: Jayne Castle, Amanda Quick, and even some old ones as Stephanie James.

I love to read. I should do it more often, but life keeps catching up on me.

No comments: